Monday, December 1, 2008

When You Are Engulfed In Flames - David Sedaris (Audiobook)



I have to say that I do not think I will ever read another David Sedaris book. Not when I have discovered the lovely world of audiobooks and how unbelievebly funny it is to hear David Sedaris read his own works. I laughed outloud so many times that the people around me thought I was crazy. The stories are funny and sad and full of memories and I liked this as much as his other works, maybe even more because I got to listen to it in his own voice. The story "Town and Country" I had to listen to a couple times because it was soo good. I was trying to explain it to my husband but made him listen to it instead. He laughed and laughed. I recommend this to everyone. It can be a bit crude but overall its amazing!! Something great to pick up (or listen to) if you are feeling down.

1 comment:

Bybee said...

The one that sticks in my mind is "Old Faithful" in which he meditates about fidelity and Hugh lances that terrible boil on his butt. Great title!