I liked the idea of this list of things. I know it has nothing to do with books but I thought it was interesting! I scooped it off of someone else's website. The ones in bold are ones I have done :
1. Started my own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (For like one band practice when I was 16)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity. (Does giving to the homeless count? )
7. Been to Disneyworld/land (really want to go back now that I am older)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sung a solo.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched lightening at sea.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (a few days ago)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown my own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. (slept on many overnight buses, but a train as well)
21. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping. (Oh Bar Harbour!)
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught myself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke. (ahhh Korea!)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. (with my mom once and with James another time)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (snorkeling in Phuket, Thailand)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. (go all the time when I am at home)
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class. (kickboxing)
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching. (in Cape Breton twice)
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (a stuffed lamb)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. (my finger in basketball!)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (Thailand...scary)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (James and I went when we got married)
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had my picture in the newspaper. (In elementary school and in high school)
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous (Glen Close when I was working in Maine)
92. Joined a book club (Bookleaves in Seoul..i miss it!!)
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone. ( in Ottawa, Cape Breton and in Seoul)
99. Been stung by a bee (many times and I am still terrified of them)
100. Rode an elephanT. (in Thailand and in Seoul)
Race to the Bottom of the Sea
4 hours ago