Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut



I always forget that Kurt Vonnegut's books are insane. I am always surprised, get half-way through and want to stop, but push my way through and am so happy that I finished. Cat's Cradle is such an interesting book, about a man (who now claims his name is Jonah)who is writing a book called The Day The World Ended, about what people were doing the day that the atom bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. He ends up writing to the children of the man who created the atom bomb and then traveling to an island country called San Lorenzo to meet them. When Jonah reaches San Lorenzo, he learns about the religion of Bokononism, which ties the whole book together. It is a really interesting book that makes you think.

This is another book to cross off on my "1001 Book Challenge"!!

No comments: