Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Artemıs Fowl, Book 1 - Eoin Colfer



Really, really enjoyed this book at the beginning. Thought it may be as good as Harry Potter. I was wrong. Not saying it isn't a good book, it's just that it gets a little boring by the end. This was the first book in a series about a 12 year old genius criminal named Artemis Fowl. His big plan is to steal gold from the fairies so that his families fortune can be restored to what it once was. Artemis goes to great lengths to find a fairy book (that will give him all the secrets and the knowledge of the fairies) and decipher it. After deciphering the language, Artemis then figures out how to capture a fairy and tries to ransom her for fairy gold. I really liked how there was a whole other magical world below that people dıd not know about. I liked Holly and I hope she is in the rest of the novels. I will read the next one in the series...I just won,t set my expectations Harry Potter-high!

No comments: