Monday, December 22, 2008

Slam! - Nıck Hornby



I am a lover of all things Nick Hornby and Slam! was a good as all his others. It is a funny and sometimes sad tale of a 15 year old boy who loves skateboarding, talking to his Tony Hawk posters but who also gets his girlfriend pregnant. I found this book so interesting because I have never read a book about teenage pregnancy come from the boy's perspective before. The book made me scared to have children of my own!! I liked this story because it was about 2 regular kids who just make one mistake that changes their lives forever. I think it is a must-read if you like ıck Hornby, especially if you love all of the cultural references he uses (in this book the cultural references are a little young).

This wıll be a great movie someday!!

No comments: