Saturday, June 20, 2009

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - J K Rowling (Audiobook)



I am pretty sure that most people know about Harry Potter. I am not going to bother giving a synopsis of the book since everyone I know has either read the book or seen the movie. I read the book twice - the first time a number of years ago. I started listening to the audio book last year but my copy was given to me by a friend and was one long MP3. It made it impossible to listen to on my iPod, so I gave up. Finally a few weeks ago I got all of the Harry Potter Audio books (ones that are broken up into chapters and way easier to listen to) and just finished listen to the first one - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

I loved the narrator Stephen Fry. He did a great job of changing voices - moving from Hermione to Harry with ease. And he did an EXCELLENT job of sounding like Hagrid. For a while I thought he might e the character himself! This audiobook was really enjoyable to listen to. I would put it on when I went to the pool and get through a few chapters of it in no time. It has been a while since reading a Harry Potter book (the last one did come out two summers ago and I read it the day after it was released!) and I forgot how much I love the characters.

Harry Potter is such a fun series. I am so happy that I have Harry Potter in many different forms - book, movie and now Audio book! I look forward to listening to the rest of the series. It is fun to listen to tales of magic and friendship - especially when life gets a bit hard!

Rating - 5

No comments: