Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Books Read For June

So this was a pretty good month for reading! I don't know why I got so many more books read then any other month (could have been reading while sitting at the pool!) but I am pretty proud that I did it. The 16 books I read (or listened to) this month were:

The 19th Wife - David Ebershoff
Dance With Death - Barbara Nadel
DeNiro's Game - Rawi Hage
Sepulchre - Kate Mosse
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Audiobook)
Friends Like These - Danny Wallace
My Own Country - Abraham Verghese
The Witches - Roald Dahl
The Girl Who Played With Fire - Steig Larsson
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl
The Ghost Map - Steven Johnson
Outlander - Diana Gabaldon (Audiobook)
Devil's Peak - Deon Meyer
The Breaker - Minette Walters
Tracks - Louise Erdich
Messiah - Boris Starling

I listened to 2 audiobooks (both were excellent!), read 2 children2s books (Roald Dahl is soooo good!), 2 non fiction, 5 murder mystery, 2 for the Diversity Rocks Challenge, 1 British comedy novel and 2 literary fiction. I had a good variety this month but I did overload on the murder mystery. My husband brought a bunch home from the book exchange at his work. I read books by authors from England, South Africa, Sweden, Lebanon, Turkey, India and the United States.

My favorites this month were Devil's Peak by Deon Meyer, The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson, DeNiro's Game by Rawi Hage and The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.

I am finished work for the summer as of today and hit the beach with my mom for a week before heading to England for the summer. I have no idea what books I will be reading for the month of July. I have a few to bring to the beach (mostly murder mysteries) and I will get to use a real library in England (YEAH!!!) so who knows what I will be reading.

I won't be posting much in the next few weeks but will update as soon as I get back from the beach.

1 comment:

Reg / Steve said...

Glad you enjoyed TGWPWF, and while you're in England I recommend you read a great new thriller by Mikkel Birkegaard, THE LIBRARY OF SHADOWS (translated by my wife Tiina Nunnally). An exciting new author from Denmark who's not yet available in the States. Have fun! --Reg Keeland