Saturday, March 14, 2009

Living Dead In Dallas - Charlaine Harris



This is the second installment in the Southern Vampire Mysteries and I liked it much better then the first one. I saw the series "True Blood" before I read the book so I pretty much knew what was going to happen all the way through the first novel. Thats why the I liked the second one so much - everything was a surprise! The premise of the story is pretty much two parts - the first Sookie Stackhouse finds Lafayette (the gay cook - who is way better represented in the tv show) dead in Andy Bellfleur's car (the police officer). She is trying to find out who murdered her friend as well she is sent to Dallas on some vampire business to use her skills to find a missing vampire. Sookie now has to help the vampires whenever she is needed - even is she doesn't want to.

There is so much to this book (and series) and there are some great twists and turns. I really like Sookies character...I think she is fun and smart. Some people say the series is not well written but I say it is fun! I think the author does a great job of creating a world that I can escape into for a little while. I have another book in this series waiting on my shelf (and they are hard to come by in Turkey!)- but I think I will keep it for a rainy day :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard two different opinions on the Sookie series: one that says the books are better, the other that the TV series is better. So far I've watched 'True Blood' but haven't read the books. I'm gonna have to do that soon.

Desert Rose said...

Oh I love these books.. I finished book 7 and saving book 8 :) I've seen the series while I liked the TV series very much.. I loved the stories better!
You live in Turkey? Are you Turkish?!

BTW I linked to your review from mine..

http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2008/12/living-dead-in-dallas-by-charlaine.html