Friday, January 16, 2009

March - Geraldine Brooks



I loved, loved, loved this book!! This novel is set around Cival War times and goes where Louisa May Alcott did not venture in "Little Women" - this novel talks about Mr. March and the life he lead before and during the war. The idea of the story intrigued me and I was not disappointed! Mr.March is an abolishionist chaplain who travels with the soldiers down to the Southern States and there he learns quite a lot about himself and his beliefs. I really liked this book because the characters had their share of faults and they seemed very real. I also really liked learning about Mrs. March and about her life before she had her "Little Women"....it turns out she was quite a controversial woman who had a great many opinions!! I have already given this book to a friend to read. I think I may have to read "Little Women" again!

No comments: