Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams



I don't know what to say about this book. I can't claim that I know what it was really about or that I even enjoyed it. I am just glad that I saw the movie years before and remembered a few things so I wasn't completly lost. I will give a very quich description of the novel for those that know nothing about it. Prefect Ford is an alien who has been travelling around writing for "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" which is a book for people who want to see the Galaxy for under 30 (some weird currancy) a day. He gets stuck on Earth for 15 years, where he makes friends with Arthur whom he takes with him when he hitches a ride off of Earth seconds before it is destroyed. There is lots more to it but I don't want to give it away.

I have a hard time reading sciece fiction....I can never remember or grasp all the characters and science fictiony words. People have always told me to read this book, plus it was one of the books for my 1% Well Read Challenge - so I gave it a try. I am not sure if I will read the rest in the series...but give me some time and I may start wondering where those Hitchhikers are off to now!

2 comments:

Bybee said...

Wow, you've gotten a lot of reading done this year! I'm jealous!

Unknown said...

I've never read 'Hitchhiker's Guide...', I don't know why, even though I actually am a fan of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. After reading your review, I have a better idea why I stayed away from it.