Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson



Another book to check off my To Be Read pile! I picked this one up on sale at a bookstore in Singapore, once again not really knowing what it was about. I have so many books on my TBR pile that most times I forget what they are about and why I wanted to read them. But this was another winner. I feel like I am on a roll with books lately!

This is a Swedish murder-mystery that has been translated to English. There are 2ain characters in the book, Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander. Blomkvist is a journalist who had recently been charged and convicted with libel. After taking a leave of absence as editor of his magazine, Blomkvist is approached by an aging tycoon who wants him to write his family history....as well as solve the mystery of his niece Harriet's murder that happened over 30 years ago. Salande is a young woman who has a lot of mental, emotional and social problems. But she is also a brillant researcher who starts working with Blomkvist to solve the mystery.

There is so much to this book and I do not want to give away any of the suspense or excitment of the novel. I really enjoyed this book and it was a definite page turner!!! My only problem was that I felt I was left without finding out much about the past of Salander's character. I wanted to know more about why she was the way she was. But on bright note this is the first of a trilogy - so perhaps the next book will tell me more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have heard a lot of good things about this book. I have also heard a few not so good things but that's why I like reading reviews like yours, so I know that this certainly will be a book worth reading.