Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ghosts of India (Doctor Who) - Mark Morris



Synopsis from Amazon.com says "India in 1947 is a country in the grip of chaos, torn apart by internal strife. When the Doctor and Donna arrive in Calcutta, they are instantly swept up in violent events. Barely escaping with their lives, they discover that the city is rife with tales of 'half-made men', who roam the streets at night and steal people away. With help from India's great spiritual leader, Mohandas 'Mahatma' Gandhi, the Doctor and Donna set out to investigate these rumors. What is the real truth behind the 'half-made men'? Why is Gandhi's role in history under threat? And has an ancient, all-powerful god destruction really come back to wreak his vengeance upon the Earth?"

I really enjoy reading the Doctor Who series. I always feel like I am watching an episode and I can hear the characters voices in my head. I picked this one up when I was in England last summer and am now wishing I had bought a few more. I love the Doctor Who books that are set on Earth and involve important characters. They are fun to read. Gandhi is a main character in this one and I love how he ties everything up in the end and basically saves the world ( I am not giving anything away as the world is always saved at the end of Doctor Who!). They write tons of these books so there are always more to read.

Its a really great series if you are up on Doctor Who - you kinda need to know what is going on and who a lot of the characters are to understand.

Rating - 3

1 comment:

TOXIC said...

Do You Know from where this book can be downloaded for free???