Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reading Slump

So I literally read nothing for 4 or 5 days. This is really strange for me because I love to read. I have hit the gym hard the last week and have been completely exhausted. Also I began reading The Secret History by Donna Tart and could hardly get through the first 20 pages. I really want to read it but I guess I am just not in the mood for it. It may be hard for me to get my 10 books in for May. I am so restless lately that I need some books that are going to keep my attention.

I have been downloading audio books like crazy lately. I am now listening to (and loving) Outlander (which I have read at least 3 times) and am downloading all the rest in the series. It is an amazing book to read and even better to listen to. I go to bed early every night so I can have a listen before I go to bed. I also have Lamb by Christopher Moore and all of the Sookie Stackhouse books to listen to. I usually only listen to books that I have already read because I find it hard to concentrate on the entire story while listening. It is easier if I have an idea of what is happening.

I started reading Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith. So far it has got my attention. Hopefully it will get me back on track and I can plow through all the books I was supposed to read before the end of the month!

No comments: