Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Double Eagle - James Twining



From Booklist "The Double Eagle is a gold coin recalled by the U.S. government during the Depression. All extant examples were melted down--all, that is, except five, which wound up in Fort Knox. Now the coins, with a value of $40 million, are missing. Jennifer Browne, a disgraced FBI agent looking to jump-start her career, teams up with Tim Kirk, a former CIA agent now making his living as an international jewel thief. Predictably, Jennifer discovers that the coins are at the heart of a nasty conspiracy."

This book was fast-paced, exciting and interesting. A really good action novel. I sailed through this book pretty fast. Probably because I read the second in this series already and knew who the bad guy was before I even started. That probably wasn't a good idea because I became a little bit bored because I knew what was going to happen.

I did like that parts of it took place in Istanbul (somewhere I have been) and that the characters moved from place to place. That is my favorite part of spy/ international crime novels - the fact that they go from country to country. Its always interesting.

I would recommend this to anyone who needs a good fast paced read. It would be a great book for a long trip!

No comments: